Home Insurance, Dwellings and Contents

home insurance quotes

Insuring your home and its contents

As a homeowner, whether you’ve purchased your home recently or many years ago, it’s time to protect your most valuable asset with the best home insurance (dwelling and contents) policy. QuoteRack's insurance specialists will help you comprehend the complicated area of home insurance, including dwellings and contents, in your specific state.

The process involved in buying home insurance will vary by state. QuoteRack's insurance experts will break down all your homeowners insurance options in order to obtain the most comprehensive home insurance quotes available.

QuoteRack's insurance agents work with many homeowners, providing expertise crucial to gaining the best dwellings and contents insurance quotes. They will highlight four key crucial areas of coverage, listed below:

Structure of your home – rebuilding cost, covering the amount of mortgage, construction cost of home, square footage, damage due to fire, hail, floods and earthquakes, replacement cost, guaranteed ore extended replacement cost, building codes, inflations guard and older homes.

Personal possessions – Most home owner’s insurance policies provide coverage for your personal possessions for approximately 50 percent to 70 percent of the amount of insurance you have on the structure or “dwelling” of your home. Conduct home inventory, replacement cost or actual cash value and insuring expensive items with floaters/endorsements.

Additional Living expenses after a disaster – This pays the additional costs of temporarily living away from your home if you can't live in it due to a fire, severe storm or other insured disaster. It covers hotel bills, restaurant meals and other living expenses incurred while your home is being rebuilt. If you rent out part of your house, this coverage also reimburses you for the rent that you would have collected from your tenant if your home had not been destroyed.

Liability to others – This part of your policy covers you against lawsuits for bodily injury or property damage that you or family members cause to other people. It also pays for damage caused by pets. It pays for both the cost of defending you in court and for any damages a court rules you must pay. Umbrella or Excess Liability provides extra coverage, which start to pay after you have used up the liability insurance in your underlying home (or auto) policy. An umbrella policy is not part of your home owner’s policy. You have to purchase it separately. In addition to providing a higher dollar amount, they offer broader coverage. You are covered for libel, slander, and invasion of privacy. These things are not covered under standard homeowners insurance or auto insurance policies.

For some states our insurance agents will define various regulations for home insurance. For example in many states, earthquake and flood insurance coverage may need to be purchased separately or as an endorsement.

Our QuoteRack specialists will share variables of the voluntary markets and the shared market, also known as involuntary market for consumers residing in high risk area, such as brush fire zone, coastlines or recent catastrophic events, which may impact your home insurance coverage options.

Consumers who choose Home Insurance (dwelling and content) also get quotes from other categories of protection available via QuoteRack, including Standard Drivers Insurance, Renter/Tenant Insurance, Cash Value Permanent Insurance and Tax Deferred Annuity – QuoteRack insurance and finance specialist can help you obtain quotes for each of these categories.

Please visit the NAIC website for your state’s insurance department’s contact information.

Please visit Flood Smart for your National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)